Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information and Client Rights & Responsibilities
Effective Date: May 27, 2017
This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
The office is permitted by federal privacy laws to make uses and disclosures of your health information for purposes of treatment, payment, and health care operations. Protected health information is the information we create and obtain in providing our services to you. Such information may include documenting your symptoms, examination, and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and applying for future care or treatment. It also includes billing documents for those services.
Examples of Uses of Your Health Information for Treatment Purposes are:
- A therapist obtains treatment information about you and records it in a health record.
- During the course of your treatment, the therapist determines he/she will need to consult with another specialist in the area. He/she will share the information with such specialist and obtain his/her input.
Example of Use of Your Health Information for Payment Purposes:
- We submit requests for payment to your health insurance company. The health insurance company (or other business associate helping us obtain payment) requests information from us regarding medical care given. We will provide information to them about you and the care given.
Example of Use of Your Information for Health Care Operations:
- We obtain services from our insurers or other business associates such as quality assessment, quality improvement, outcome evaluation, protocol and clinical guideline development, training programs, credentialing, medical review, legal services, and insurance. We will share information about you with such insurers or other business associates as necessary to obtain these services.
Why Choose Us?
- Free Screenings
- Therapist owned and operated since 2004
- 2 Convenient Locations
- Collaborative Approach
- Individualized Treatment Plans